Best of 2015
As I look back over the 365 days of 2015 I can't help but feel blessed about how much love and joy occurred over the course of those days.
So today, as we begin another beautiful journey into 2016, I wanted to bring to you my Best of 2015.
- Marrying my best friend. There is no way my best of 2015 cannot start off with the day that I married my now husband. 2015 began wonderfully as it was the start of our second year together and our first year as an engaged couple. Then on August 28, 2015 in alongside our family and friends Brandon and I said our vows to spend the rest of our lives as husband and wife. If nothing else happened through 2015 it was a perfect year as it encompassed a perfect day.
- Brandon starting a new job. So yes this is technically not something that specifically happened to me but when something amazing happens for Brandon I can't help but brag. In Feburary / March Brandon started a great new job and since then has taken off with this new company. I just know he going to go places with it.
- Cancun trip with my family in January. Traveling as a family has always been a big part of my and my sister's lives. Our parents love to go places and what better way than to do it as a family. In January Brandon and I met my mom, dad, and sister down in Cancun for 9 days of sun, sand, Margaritas, ocean, and serious relaxation.
- Running three marathons. In 2015 I ran three marathons; Bend OR marathon, Coeur d'Alene Marathon, and the Portland Marathon.
- Honeymoon. For our honeymoon we spent 9 days in Cancun, Mexico. This was the best vacation in which we did nothing but relax, massages, workout, drink, and enjoy being together as the new Bowker family.
- Going through prep and Night of Champions competition. Brandon and I both competed at the Night of Champions this year (details in a previous blog post "15 seconds of courage"). While it was a lot of work the fact that we did it together made it so much more tolerable.
- Visiting my sister in Colorado. In August for my mom's birthday we surprised her with a trip to visit my sister in Colorado for the weekend. The kicker being that she had no idea I was going to be there as well until she walked off the airplane and saw me standing by the gate, as I had arrived from Spokane not more than 10 mins prior.
- Gyms days and long walks with my husband and doodle puppy. Anything that I get to do alongside my husband is one of the best days.
- Christmas with everyone. Christmas for me is a time for family and that means both sides of the family together under one roof. My mom, dad, and sister came in for three to four days and we hosted both my and Brandon's side of the family for a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner and then again for Christmas.
- Surgery. Yes, I am aware this doesn't sound as though it is something great however I believe it is an important part of my journey as it will allow me to get back to running and pushing the limit.
2015 really was an amazing year and there is so much more I could have added to that list but then you would probably have fallen asleep while reading. As we leave 2015 behind us I get excited for all that is in store for the Bowker's in 2016 for we have lofty goals between the two of us.
Happy New Years to everyone and cheers to a brand new 2016!
What were your favorite moments of 2015? Do you have any goals for 2016?